DUR O LOK
Design Features of the DUR O LOK Couplings
- Compact - length and outside diameter reduced by 30% - 50%, compared to flanges. Allows double the number of pipes per rack. Provides improved external flow distribution for immersed couplings. Reduces shadowing for couplings used in process vessels
- Light weight - weight reduced by 60% -90%, compared to flanges
- Simple - Number of Parts reduced by 55% - 75% per connection,
compared to flanges.
- Fast - Save up to 10-15 minutes to make or break each connection
- Non-restrictive - Full port inside diameter eliminates pressure
drop and allows "pigging".
- Smooth interior bore - Minimizes flow disturbance. Eliminates
attrition in catalyst and other solids conveying applications.
- Boltless and threadless - No wrenches required. No torque
measurements required. No bolt holes to align. No need to tighten
connections after thermal cycling. Simplifies painting and insulation.
- Self-energized seal - Sealing force increases with pressure.
Less chance of leaks.
- Thermally stable - Desgn minimizes thermal expansion effects on
sealing- Tolerates very rapid changes or external or internal
- No interferences fits or metal-to-metal sealing - Higher reliability.
Less susceptible to damage.